****New Appointment System***
From mid-late July the way we book appointments is changing. Please click the link below to read our news story for more information.
New Appointment System
Appointments can be made by telephone (0113) 295 4650, in person during reception office hours, or by using SystmOnline (see details below). A limited number of doctors' appointments are pre-bookable up to four weeks in advance. If you need urgent advice or an urgent on the day appointment please call between 08:00 and 10:30 for a triage call (See below). Nurse appointments are pre-bookable up to six weeks in advance. Please make a separate appointment for each person. If you are unable to attend, please let us know. Children should be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Triage Service - How does it work?
- Your name will be added to the triage list, with a brief description of your concern along with your best contact number.
- In some cases, the receptionist may advise an alternative service to you such as the Pharmacy First service, where your issue could be dealt with more quickly than waiting to speak to the GP.
- The doctor will work through a list calling each patient and will prioritise urgent cases but will aim to return your call within 2 hours.
- The doctor may call certain patients before others depending on the symptoms and the age of the person.
- The triage system is in place to provide same day access to GP advice and if an appointment is required we will allocate you to the doctor best suited to your concern.
- The doctor can also provide advice and/or a prescription which can be collected from the surgery reception.
Online Services - SystmOnline
To register for our online services, please complete an application form which you can collect at Reception. Please bring the completed form, together with your photo ID and address verification documents to the Practice. The service is available for patients over 14 years of age.
When you call with these documents, we will be able to provide you with a user name and password. Once you have obtained your user name and password, please click on the 'SystmOnline' logo above to be redirected to the ‘SystmOnline’ homepage.
Appointments are subject to availability and pre-bookable up to 4 weeks ahead.
Where there are no appointments available to reserve online for the same day of booking, patients should visit or telephone the Practice, particularly if an urgent appointment is being requested.
From the ‘SystmOnline’ website you will be able to:
- View your past and future appointments
- Book and cancel GP appointments
- View your current prescriptions
- Order your repeat prescriptions